We all remember those funny hand drawn animations on TV, but probably those were one of the best things we enjoyed in our good old days. They made our toddler ages fun.
But now the times have changed, animation has scaled and is getting better every day.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that technology innovation is driving pretty much everything around us to change. World has reinvented itself over the last 20 years with rapid innovation in technology.
Just like other industries and sectors, the film industry has also experienced a lot of evolution, especially the animation movie industry that has advanced significantly. The little art forms have increasingly used technology to push the boundaries of imagination and bring delight to audiences across the globe.
The Evolution of Animation
In the last 3 decades, animation has seen massive change. From hand-drawn artists using 2D images on the screen to computer generated images with a complete 3D feel, this industry is literally churning out hundreds and thousands of hours of content every day. Today, the imagination of filmmakers and animators is being widely expressed using new technology and techniques.
How Tech Innovations Are Transforming the Film & Animation Industry?
In our modern world, there are many key technologies being used to bring change in the traditional ways of animation.
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Virtual Effects
- Motion Capture
All these technologies have helped to improve the image quality, resolution, and presentation of animation or games.
- In terms of process, cloud-based workflows are making a great difference. Now people across the world are collaborating to produce films and animation in a much quicker time frame. This is allowing the scale of these movies to increase massively and reduced production time is making the projects more cost effective.
- Live-action movies have come a long way. Today HD cameras are able to capture the clearest of images and the use of HD projection too can screen the film to millions in crystal clarity around the globe.
- The use of VFX has revolutionised the filmmaking process. The films are now shot on digital, using digital images and are exhibited via a digital copy.
- The next big shift in technology will be seen with VR and interactivity entering the story-telling process. Imagine watching a sci-fi movie and actually being in outer space with extraterrestrial lifeforms and explosions echoing around you.
- 3D printing has also reduced the need for expensive props. Now a 3D printer allows a production designer and a director to create the prop exactly how they envisioned it, without having to compromise by sticking a couple of things together to create something that is half of what was thought of.
Technology has helped filmmakers take their artwork to a next level, which a few decades ago no one could even imagine. Animation, VFX and digital techniques have become a crucial part of how films are made now. They go in sync with the creativity of storytelling and the composition of the frame.
If you also wish to transform your career and are looking for the best Animation and VFX courses in Bangalore, then Yellowberry School of Digital Arts is the one stop solution to all your needs.